Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Weekends are the best...

I love weekends...and vacation days for that matter (and squirrels). Ok, I stole that loving squirrels line from the great Loretta Lynn.

I did have a fun weekend though. We went to Home Depot on Friday night (thats fun, right?--no) and dinner later. I came home after that and listened to music and just chilled...I also got a little excited when Hal told me that Lorie Morgan was in his office that day... now, why I got excited over something I wasnt even a part of, I dont know..but thats me.

I did the usual sleeping late routine on Saturday and then we got busy continuing last minute things to finish the other side of the duplex. We went to the Preds vs. Dallas Stars game Saturday night. It was AWESOME! We had seats 8 rows off the glass at center ice. We won and reclaimed first place in the league, so that always helps. What didnt help was the lady next to me who ate every single item from the concession stand (stinky ass hot dog, stinky pretzel with nacho cheese and popcorn).

Sunday was fun too. We went to an open house in our neighborhood. It was insane... the house is perfect perfect perfect...except it is at the upper end of our price range, so it was a no go for us unless we wanted to eat ramen noodles for every single meal.

Our neighbors (who we gave an offer to) also had an open house. We're certain they got an offer, but apparently it wasnt what they hoped for as the house is still on the market and not pending. They also reposted it on craigslist later that night. hmmm, maybe our initial offer wasnt so bad after all... we'll see.

On a really positive note, we've had at least 10 people come look at our duplex for rent in the past week...and last night, we finally got someone who wants it!!! We only posted it on craigslist ... so we were hoping something like that would happen before we put out a yard sign and had every nutcase in Davidson County calling us.

That's enough boring details for now, more to follow... Stay tuned. :)

No comments: