Monday, May 28, 2007

Weekend of contrast...

I went back to East TN on Saturday. Every year there is an event at the church I grew up attending. It's an old southern tradition called homecoming/decoration day. Basically, people decorate their deceased loved ones graves with new flowers (my mom & one set of grandparents are buried there..so thats why I go). There's also a church service and lunch after that. It's the one time of year I actually sit through a church service. It's Southern Baptist and I dont agree with their theology... but I endure it for this one day.

Anyway, so Saturday was spent driving over there, going to the cemetary... and here's a contrast.

Saturday night I met a friend in Chattanooga to go to a drag show. It was a lot of fun... hehe..despite the fact that my friend got more drunk than expected. I'm usually not the most sober one in those situations, but I also had to drive back to my family's house after that anyway. My family lives about 45 minutes north of Chattanooga, so getting home at 4am was odd... compared to my Nashville commute to a bar of 5-10 minutes.

Sunday was the church service and lunch... a lot of people go to the service that dont necessarily go to church there anymore, so it's always fun to see everyone again.

I left to come back to Nashville after lunch... I wanted the Amy Winehouse album to keep me company on the almost 3 hour drive home... about the only place to buy a CD there that I can think of is Walmart...and I actually think they sell radio edit cd's... I only realized this after the purchase, but I really like the album. Rehab is an infectious song...

So thats my weekend ramble.

1 comment:

BartLennon said...

Mmmm.... church 'n' drag. Great combo. Reminds me of Thanksgiving '99 when I got smashed the night before and had to face all of my Church of Christ family the next day at T-giving dinner, probably still legally drunk.