Thursday, July 19, 2007

Keeping the faith!


So, you all know I'm a H-U-G-E fan of the Nashville Predators. This post-season has been a roller coaster ride to say the least.


A coworker/fellow fan recently said..."I didnt think it could get any worse than being eliminated from the first round of the playoffs again" but boy were we surprised a few weeks later to learn that the team was being sold to the Blackberry billionaire who had plans to move the team. Well, that seemingly didnt work out, and then they were going to be sold to someone who possibly would move them to Kansas City... sigh.... well, then we learned that a local group of investors wanted to purchase the team and obviously keep them here....


Well, by all accounts at this point, it's very likely that the local group of investors can actually purchase the team. There was a huge rally/season ticket drive today at the arena that got a lot of positive media coverage and is a big step forward in showing that Nashville actually IS a hockey town after all.


Someone asked me yesterday if I would be attending the rally...well, no... I wouldnt and didnt... for two reasons: a) the main part of the rally was at 6pm and I barely get home by that time and b) I dont intend on buying season tickets.


Dont get me wrong, we went to approximately 25-30 of 42 home games last season. The sticking point is we get free tickets often (Hal's company or similar contacts)... but we also arent scared to shell out close to $200 for a pair of tickets when necessary (this bitch doesn't sit in the nosebleed section, ok?).


Additionally, I cant get season tickets this year b/c I might not be able to use a good bit of them (this is affected by my pending announcement) and I really am not in the position to be buying tickets and donating the ones I cant use to charity--although I hope to be someday.


There's really no major point to this post other than to say that I am feeling more positive about the local deal after this rally and the fact that the local group met with the NHL commish yesterday. A lot of people may poo poo my love for the Preds as a "so what" type thing, but it's amazing how much I've grown to love this sport and team over the past few years. It's really hard for me to describe.


Long live the PREDATORS!!!!!


2 comments:

BartLennon said...

Go Preds. Now what is you news, dammit?

Josh Middleton said...

Congratulations on keeping the team, Gurl. But now I'm even more intrigued about the announcement. Are you moving? Are you going on the Rosie Gay Family Cruise?