Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend Wrap-up

Ok... nothing too crazy / exciting to blog about that happened over the weekend. Saturday evening we went to a 5 year anniversary party for Hal's company. It was "kid kingdom" all over again when I first walked in... there were about 4 kids doing karaoke... Kinda cute and funny though.

I proceeded to have a few Oats & Barley concocotions to make that more fun :) Maybe I had a few too many though b/c after we got home, I managed to fall and hurt my back and get a big knot on my head. Oopsie, so I decided it was time to go to bed at that point even if it was 9:30 on a Saturday. I debated on whether I should publicly disclose this incident, but what the heck.

We stayed in most of the day on Sunday. Hal made a yummy brunch and I watched a lot of Sunday type television... documentaries on Dubai and those man-made islands they've built. Neat stuff... and I caught up on some magazines.

I did wake up to thunder on Sunday night... wow... it's freaking been forever since it rained at our house, so it was a welcome sound. I'm over this crazy heat wave and lack of rain.

So there ya go... my weekend... bumps, bruises, thunder and all.

3 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Bumps, Bruises, Thunder and All... That's The Reason I Never Call...

That sounds like a Gretchen Wilson song! Gurl, I think you're on to someting!

So, I take it you didn't grab the mic from those kids and treat the anniversary party to a little Sweet, Sweet Fantasy Mimi...!

Nice weekend Gurl - let's go to Dubai!

Casey said...

I opted to sit out the karaoke... some adults did participate and I didnt want them to feel bad b/c I sound so good.

I do want to go to Dubai someday, but think I'll sit it out until I have more money so I can an even more fabulous time.

Anonymous said...

That is so classic! Too bad I wasn't there to see it...considering how you still like to laugh at my tumble down the stairs and all...