Monday, April 14, 2008

Thank you, Loretta!!!

In honor of LL's birthday, your Nashville Predators turned on the heat tonight. It was a crazy game.

We were down for the first period, tied it up in the second and then lost the lead 40seconds into the third.

But wait!!! We proceeded to score 3 unanswered goals (one an empty net freebie). After 5 goals, yep, we got tacos!!! If you dont know, a Taco Bell franchisee is a team sponsor & if the Preds score 5, you get a free taco.

For the record, I havent been to Taco Bell in probably 6 years. I hate it. It's not even real meat.

Back to the game, the crowd was amazing. It was incredibly loud (my ears are still ringing and might still be tomorrow). In the last period, the fans gave a loud ,standing ovation that lasted longer than the tv timeout. It was fan-tastic.

Vince Gill sang the national anthem. I'd give it a 6 out of 10. It seemed really rushed. Perhaps he was in a hurry to get to the CMT Video Awards which were also in town?

I also walked right by Kid Rock & some bimbo. He's a Detroit fan and I'd prefer to punch him in the face and never let him sing again. He's horrid.

And last but not least, I was most excited to be at the grocery last night and happen to see one of my favorite Preds, Jarred Smithson.

Freaking Exciting Times for me, y'all... Hopefully, we'll win on Wednesday & really get this series turned around.

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

Wow! What an exciting night. I think if it would have gotten any more eventful Mimi's head would have exploded! I guess a Predators game is the place to be if you want to hob nob with the celebs! Congratulations I hope they win it all!