Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday Update

'Ello, again, Mates! Well... it's 8pm Saturday night. I've had a fun day. I still havent witnessed it raining yet, but I could tell it rained overnight from the roof of the adjacent building I can see from my room.

I did follow my plan of sleeping in, but ventured out around 1pm to return to the shopping district. I took quite a few pictures and some video clips today as well... unfortunately I've only been included in one of the pictures taken on my cam so far, but I feel awkward asking random strangers to take my photo. The only time I'm ok with that is if I see other tourist taking photos as well.

Wow... the shopping district was sooo busy. You could compare it to December in the US. Crazy crazy packed with people. I found a ton of stuff I wanted, but again, the dollar exchange prevents me from going crazy. I did get a few things at a good price. Apparently there is a very popular chain here in Europe, Primark, that has some very cool clothes at K-Mart prices. The store was swamped & everyone you saw on the street had a bag from there.

I also spent time in Picadilly Gardens again (like I did on Sunday). I took video clips from there. A highlight was a group of mates who enticed one guy in their group to run thru the fountains. It was quite the spectacle. He took his shirt off...and even briefly took off his jeans. I'll just say that dude obviously works out regularly. It was a nice surprise :)

Another interesting thing that started out the day was a group of protestors in front of the "Church" of Scientology. Not sure what the real beef was, but I think it had something to do with environmental pollution of some large boat that the Scientology elite use. I'm sure there were other issues as well. They had some kind of odd music playing and were wearing scary masks. One other pedestrian told her daughter... "Look, look at the Scary Man!" in classic British English.

I was actually pretty tired from all the walking today, but managed to make it down to the lap pool and spa. It was a quick trip, but really nice. Wish I had a lap pool in my house!

I'm about to get dressed for dinner. I'm going back to Negresco tonight. I've already been there, but I loved my dish and it's right out the front door of the hotel. I think I'm going to go back to the gay village again tonight after dinner. I might check out some other places that I didnt go in last night. Going to bars alone is a bit of a downer, but it's still good to just watch people.

Hope you all have a great Saturday! I wanted to post now before heading out... I might not make sense if I attempt to blog after going out tonight :)

Cheers, mates!

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

Sounds like a fun, and eventful, afternoon! There seems to be a lot going on in that Piccadilly Square area!