Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

I hope you are all off work (or had the day off if you read this later) and having a great holiday weekend.

We're going to a friend's pool for a get together this evening. I hate that this is the unofficial end of summer already, but I also enjoy Fall. It will be our first Fall in this house and the leaf situation is going to be quite a mess.

Let's see... since I last blogged at ya, I turned another year older. It's official, I'm 31. I kept it low key this year b/c I've done something the past two years and with it being on a Tuesday this time, it just didnt have the desired allure.

We went out for a quiet dinner that night and then got a surprise on Thursday when Casey (doesnt she have a fabulous name?) & Shane treated us to Germantown Cafe.

One of my favorite things about my birthday this year though was that my uncle who is recovering from a liver transplant called me and was feeling very good. It was awesome to hear.

On a lighter note, I had a chill weekend. Hal's family did their traditional holiday weekend trip to the beach. They ended up coming home a day early though due to mandatory evacuation.

For those of you who actually have a job or are in school, enjoy your 4 day work/school week!!!

3 comments:

Rick Watson said...

31 y/o! Sooo young!

It's nice to hear your uncle is doing well with a liver transplant. I've never known anyone to have an organ transplant. What a gift to leave behind! The gift of life!

Josh Middleton said...

Hey, Girl! I don't think I can top Rick's "gift of life" comment - but I'm glad you had a nice birthday. I'm glad to hear your uncle is doing better. I know how much that means to you. Have a great night!

Mmmwah,
W

Anonymous said...

Good news about your uncle - uncles are great (I miss mine).

Happy Birthday Casey!