Friday, May 25, 2007

Apprehensive mood for the next year...

I didnt watch the news Wednesday night, but Thursday morning I unrolled my newspaper and saw something that made me feel like I had been punched in the stomach.

Trivial as it may seem, I was so apprehensive b/c I saw that my beloved Predators are being sold to a Canadian billionaire...stupid Blackberry's--this guy started that company or something.

This was a big surprise to fans and players alike. It's no secret that attendance has been an issue in Nashville, but this was a bigger reality check. There's some contractual clause set by the NHL in a team sale that says that if attendance averages 14,000 a game next season, the owner cant move the team for 7 years... or something like that....

So, rub a rabbit's foot or anything in hopes that the Predators stay in Nashville for the long haul. You wouldnt want to see my unhappy would you? lol

I should've switched the order of this post and my previous post. Obviously if the Predators left town I would be sad, but putting things in perspective, I'll survive.

No comments: