Friday, May 25, 2007

Makes me happy...


I've thought about posting this several times, but I usually forget by the time I get to a computer. I swim/workout at Centennial Sportsplex. The drive there and back takes me through Centennial Park...which most of you know is the only full scale replica of The Parthenon in Athens... Greece that is, not my international hometown of Athens, TN. haha!


In 8th grade, we had a weekend trip to Nashville and The Parthenon was all fenced up for a several year restoration. I'm so happy that all of that ended a few years ago and that we have such a beautiful building that I get the opportunity of seeing several times a week. They've torn down a lot of irreplaceable buildings in Nashville over the years, but I'm so glad they decided to turn this from a temporary centennial exposition exhibit into something that can be enjoyed still today.


Oh, and I am reallllllyyyyy happy that it is a holiday weekend!!!


Please remember to think of all the soldiers who've died in our nation's service.

No comments: