Monday, June 25, 2007

Some Enchanted Evening...


Holy Crap!!! I freaking saw THE Bernadette Peters. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!




So you already know I won the tix, and they were great. We were about 15 rows back...which is awesome in the new Symphony Hall. The sound was great... supposedly this building is a top rated acoustical experience... but I'm not an acoustician... I just know it sounded great.


This was a Nashville Chamber Orchestra event. The first half of the evening was a performance of some Celtic music. I cant say I was very excited about this at first, but it sounded so beautiful and wasnt anything like I expected. I dont know why I expected something hokey...b/c it wasnt at all. We really enjoyed it.


After intermission, it was all Berndette... along with a larger group of the NCO. I got no shame in my game admitting that I did tear up a bit during BP's performance. She was all that I expected and more. She had on a fabulous gown that was very slim fitting--totally opposite of another artist I love, Loretta :)---that was covered in tasteful sequins that looked beautiful sparkling in the theatre lights.


She seriously has the voice of an angel. I had a permagrin on my face the entire time. She sang "Some Enchanted Evening" and another song from South Pacific. She also did "Fever" and some songs from her most recent Broadway show, Gypsy. I wont go on about the rest of the playlist. I didnt know all the songs...and she didnt sing some things I wanted to hear ('Sunday in the Park with George' for example), but I have no complaints.


The show was also a benefit for the Nashville Humane Society and she came back out as an encore and was carrying the cutest puppy...and then she sang a song to him... the dog was loving it and was very well behaved... it was ADORABLE.

If I find a more comprehensive review from the show, I'll edit this post and provide the link. It was indeed a magical evening.


Random Bernadette Peters trivia.... Did you know she was Karen Walker's sister on 'Will & Grace'??? It was just one episode I think... but very funny... the episode was titled "Whatever happened to Baby Gin?" This was much later in the series and no one knew Karen even had a sister. Well, the episode just happened to be on Lifetime last week and I caught it. Too funny. BP liked to draw attention to herself by walking in a room and asking what everyone was looking at...havent they ever saw someone with one leg that is shorter than the other? The premise was that Karen felt bad all these years b/c she thought she was responsible for this childhood incident to BP, but in the end, that wasnt true and BP was just milking it for the wrong reasons.


There's your Bernadette Peters post for now. I hope you all get to see her one day... I definitely have her on my list of people I HAVE to see on Broadway.

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

People I Have To See.

1. Loretta - Check
2. Bernadette - Check
3. Whitney - Check
4. Mimi - Duh!
5. Bitch Doctor - Get an appointment!

:)~