Saturday, July 21, 2007

Drumroll please....

We went out for a celebratory dinner at Parco Cafe last night with Casey (my friend/current manager) & her husband Shane.

What were we celebrating? I accepted an offer on a new position at my company this week! Due to corporate red tape, it will be about a month before I change roles, but I'm going to be a Technical Trainer in our Education group. It's going to be a big change for me, but I'm so excited. I'll be training our customers how to use our software. My educational experience and preference is to be in a more direct face to face interaction with people, so this position is a good fit for me.

Another big change with this position is that I'll be traveling up to 60%, so it's a bit of a lifestyle change. Probably more often than not, I'll be in a not so glamorous city, but you can guarantee I'll keep you posted either way here.

It seriously was a month before I learned about the open position from the time I accepted. I was dying to blog about it, but wanted to keep it quiet in case it didnt go favorably. There was one weekend that I was a nervous wreck...seriously, like the worst stomach cramps / anxiety over a presentation I had to do. Funny enough, I wasnt nervous the actual day I did the presentation, but the anticipation was killing me.

Anyway, I'm super excited... it's definitely a positive step in my professional development. Goodbye to helping clients with problems with servers and quirky software issues... I freaking hated that the whole time anyway.

3 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

GURL!!!! That's so awesome. I checked the first thing when I woke up this morning! I am so happy for you and am super excited that you'll be traveling!!! Whenever your near my neck of the woods, I'll be there!!! Congratulations Gurl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock! Love you!

BartLennon said...

Awesome news dude -- congratulations! If/when you have time, we wouldn't mind treating you to an additional congratulatory dinner!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!