Monday, July 16, 2007

Pa... Pa... I cant see...

Little House on the Prairie is one of my favorite tv shows EVER. Twenty-three years after the citizens of Walnut Grove left us, I still catch the reruns anytime I can.

I was thrilled to catch the last 30 minutes of the final episode tonight. I've often discussed this with others (who doesnt talk to their friends about LHotP???) who dont remember the final episode, but it's a good one, I assure you.

See, it turns out, some shister comes into town and produces a deed proving that he owns Walnut Grove--and several other surrounding towns--and he's kicking them all out. Well, always a Phoenix, the citizenry doesnt take to that very kindly and take matters into their own hands. What would any sensible person do? They freaking blow up most of the buildings in town.

It is a fantastic and brilliant episode... the shister may own the land, but he doesnt own the buildings. It's actually emotional seeing the Mercantile and other buildings destroyed one by one. They dont blow up the church/school or the Ingalls farm, but in the end, Walnut Grove made a difference. All the other towns facing the same dilemna vowed to do the same thing, effectively putting a damper in Mr. Shisters plans.

And the series comes to a close with the residents of WG marching off singing "Onward Christian Soldiers." And I usually end up with a tear in my eyes... long live Little House.

2 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

I hope Nellie got out of the house before they blew up her pretty laces and ribbons!

BartLennon said...

I hope her mom got smoked.