Monday, August 13, 2007

Kid Kingdom

I went to East TN on Saturday to visit my family. I also had some relatives in from Detroit, so it was fun to see everyone.

I got there in time for dinner Saturday evening. Wow, it was fun but like a daycare. My Detroit relatives brought their twin grandkids (4ish y/o?), my brother has three kids (9 & 8 y/o boys and a 6 y/o girl), AND my cousin has twins who are about 3 months old. All this, plus 8 adults in a small place.

All the kids are freaking adorable and it wasnt really that bad, but there's usually always something going on. After dinner, I took my great-gram back to her house. She's 91 and still lives alone. She had a broken hip episode last year, but she's doing fantastic and always makes me laugh.

After that, I went back to visit my brother and his kids. I hadnt seen them since February and it's amazing how much they can grow in that amount of time. My niece is starting Kindergarten this week and she's going to be the smartest girl in her school (I'm not biased at all).

I love seeing my niece & nephews. They (especially my niece) are very observant of me. It's cute to look over at her while I'm involved in another conversation, but I see her sitting there "studying" me. She always gives me a cute smile when I catch that. I'm so excited to watch them continue to grow up.

That's enough weekend babbling for now... I dont really have anything major planned this week / weekend, but I'll see what happens and definitely keep you folks up to date! :)

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

Gurl, you're so much more patient with kids than I am. That little girl was watching you to try and learn what it's like to be a diva.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I think it's so awesome that you're great grandmother is still around. I bet she's cute as can be!