Sunday, September 2, 2007

Labor Day Music Mania

Ok... the birthday festivities are so last week at this point... so now I have a decade to flourish as a 30-something.

It's a holiday weekend...and I'm loving every minute of it.


Hal's at the beach with his family this weekend so I've been hanging out with... me! (and friends sometimes).


On Friday night I had a few drinks with some of the gang that are in my birthday pic below... It was a lot of fun... thankfully it was only a couple of blocks away from my house... b/c I caught a bit of a buzz :)


Saturday was mostly uneventful for the most part...BUT... I've blogged about this before... I FLIPPING love seeing fireworks... and I happened to be coming home after a bit of shopping/running around Saturday night... and caught a fireworks show... I'm guessing it was after the Vanderbilt football game. Frigging love fireworks, yall... love love love... I still get that feeling I had when I was 6 y/o when I see them.


Sunday was (still is Sunday) a glorious day. I had to run out to the recycle center to get rid of glass (Note to Metro: Please start accepting glass with the curbside pickup). I'm always amazed that there are so many others dropping stuff off too, so it's a good feeling.


Anyway... on to the music mania... after that... I went to a record store... I realized that there were so many country diva albums I didnt have... so... click on the following links to see what I got:


How freaking fun is that? Plus, I have complained about this in the past... but my first Amy Winehouse CD was a censored version... and Hal bought the "Parental Advisory" version for my birthday...
I'm a happy guy right now...
Islands in the Stream...that is what we all are, right?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"why'd you come here looking like that?" That was good times you know I aready have that CD. Some things never change. Love your new myspace pic. I looks great. Joy

Casey said...

Ah! Joy... yes... I do remember us & that song... fun times.

Josh Middleton said...

Awesome CD's, Gurl! Do you have any Tammy yet?? I love her! Glad you're having a fun weekend. Mmmwah!

Casey said...

I dont have Tammy yet...but will add it to the list of "need to get" albums!

Josh Middleton said...

I hope Whitney is on there too! I could burn you some cd's if you ever want me to! I have a lot of country divas. Tammy, Tanya, Reba, Lorrie, Dottie, Shania.

Casey said...

I dont have Whitney's greatest hits YET... but... i do have an album or two of hers...I'll get the greatest hits of her soon enough!

BartLennon said...

That Patsy one you got = all-time great. Top 5 material, evah!