Monday, October 29, 2007

What a weekend!

Ahh... another fun weekend has come & gone already. It was quite a busy one too.

We went to a wine party on Friday night... this is a regular event every month or so with a group of people at someone's house. There's typically a specific varietal, but this time the focus was on a region... and it just so happened to be ... Wines from Argentina!!! How timely for Hal & I, right? The funny thing is that it wasnt planned that way for us. Just good timing... and a great time was had by all... I always look forward to these parties... even if I am the DD...which I wasnt this time... phew :)

On Saturday night, we had a redneck themed party to attend. We went to a couple of thrift stores to find a 'gittup.' It's a little overwhelming going to some of these thrift stores... We both found silly jackets & t-shirts...but no Wranglers, Rustlers or the sort.

We took the camera, but the pictures didnt turn out very well... someone who's name begins with an H had the cam on the wrong setting. oopsie.

The party was a ton of fun though... there were a lot of hilarious 'gittups.' Check out fellow party attendee & blogger Nathan's blog for a photo... I apparently wasnt around for the one that is posted so far... but it sounds like he'll post more later.

To wrap it up, we watched the Titans game on Sunday... they sloppily won, but we'll take it.

BTW... an update on the football contest between Hal & me... Out of eight weeks so far, I've won 7 times... S-E-V-E-N out of E-I-G-H-T!!!. I only need to win 2 more of the next 8 games... I'm already tasting victory, y'all. Do you feel it too???

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

Hey Gurl! How fitting they had the Argentina wine night! Even though it didn't look like any of them red necks ever drank anything but Franzia! He has updated the pictures and they are hilarious! I wish we lived closer so we could do things like that together!!

I'll miss the bloggy posts!

Whitney