Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A bit of funny for you...

I love a good hockey fight... but in real life, I steer away from confrontation & violence as a rule.

Some old man kinda challenged that today. I was leaving a lunch spot and admittedly was standing in front of one of the doors putting up my umbrella (couldnt have taken longer than 5 seconds)... I was unaware there was anyone else around but suddenly... I hear a gruff... "excuse me!"... it was an older gent... maybe 60 or so... and I immediately moved out of the way & he then said... "I'm standing in the rain!"... well, at this point, he was actually entering the vestibule & his really hateful tone struck a nerve... so a split second decision led me to tell him to "Shut Up!"...

Now, this "Shut Up" wasnt quite as girly/shrieky as the snap with the man who pulled in my driveway once & called me a 'little fag'... I was actually a bit butch... anyway... I said my peace & kept walking as the door was closing.. he said... "Go to Hell!"... I was already on my way out so just kept walking... didnt really care... but i'll be a monkey's uncle if a few seconds later... I didnt hear some other mumbling & the word shit... either he was calling me a piece of poop or saying he was tired of this poo-poo or something... old man was coming after me!!!

Well, I guess it wasnt meant to be for me to get in a brawl in a parking lot during a rain storm... by the time I turned to look at him to hear this garbage... he started walking back in the door... I guess he wasnt in the mood to be "standing in the rain" anymore either....

Only in Brentwood folks... only in Brentwood...

5 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Gurl, that is classic! I always love waking up to a nice chuckle in the morning!! These stories are always my favorite because I can just see it all play out in my mind so easily. I can't believe people still don't know better than to challenge a diva - I guess it took that man a minute to figure it out before he turned right back around to go inside! He don't want none of that!

Anonymous said...

The thought of you in a knock-down, drag-out fight with an old man who says "poo-poo" is hilarious.

Casey said...

Well... the old man didnt say poo-poo... I was trying to tone down his negativity & dirty talk!

Dusty Brown said...

Loves it, Case...I really do. You pulled a Betty!!!!

Bryan and Kim said...

Did you tell him to shut his bitch ass up?