Sunday, November 11, 2007

Let's Get Started!


I failed you, loyal readers... I said I would have a vlog of the beginning of the trip, but I didnt get it done in real time; however, I kept a journal along the way... & planned on faking a vlog early on in the trip, but later decided against it...

Dont despair though... there are vlogs to come....in real time...

I'll start with a few highlights of the journey from Nashville to the Southern Hemisphere though:



  • Forgot I had my cell phone in my pocket & got a full pat down right off the bat in the Nashville airport...dumb move, but I really had nothing to hide....

  • Neat seeing the Nashville airport as it goes through renovation... it's looking much better

  • Get on the plane to Miami... Janet Reno was sitting in First Class (Clinton Admin AG)

  • Get to Miami for a several hour layover... That airport BLOWS.... at least the part we were in... I'll eventually come full circle with this on the way home to the US

  • Get on the plane to Buenos Aires (BsAs from here on) & it was huge. Thanks to http://www.seatguru.com/, I picked out a seat with a laptop power port which allowed us to watch a movie on my computer (MeanGirls). I wasnt in the mood for the inflight entertainment.

  • It was soooo hard to sleep even though it was over an 8 hour flight... there was quite a bit of turbulence over the Andes Mountains .... not to mention a crying toddler a few rows back

  • If turbulence & a crying toddler werent enough, two Spanish speaking men several rows ahead got in a very heated argument that almost came to physical blows (requiring 5 flight attendants attention)... I couldnt understand, but Hal said one ended up saying something about the other's mama... (these were full grown men, mind you)... It was kinda funny.... although I would've been pissed if we had been diverted had they actually come to a physical fight

P.S... the photo wasnt taken on our first day, but I wanted to post something :)

3 comments:

BartLennon said...

Awesome update -- I look forward to more. Glad you guys are having such a great trip!

Josh Middleton said...

Hey Gurl! I've been at home without internet for a few days and have been worried to death I had missed your blogs! Glad to see I'm only a day behind.

It sounds like it wasn't the very best of flights. Crying babies, turbulence & fighting mexicans.. I guess drama always follows a diva!

Drama and celebrities - Just like you to be on a plane with someone like Janet Reno! God forbid you ride with a whole cabin of regular class citizens! :)~

Loved the picture. Loved the update. I can't wait for more!!!

W

Anonymous said...

OK, I admit it - I'll be lurking because I can't wait to read your impressions of Buenos Aires! Weird, with Josh in Phila and you visiting Argentina it's an odd coincidence ... a picture of my life looooong ago (1986). Anyway, I promise to lurk and behave!