Saturday, November 17, 2007

Predators update


The roller coaster ride that has been the NHL Predators ownership situation seems to be headed for a smooth ending... for now...


The local ownership group & the city have come to terms with an offer that should keep the team here at least for 5 more years... hopefully attendance will improve & they will be here much longer than that though...


It's been a long & frustrating summer though as a big fan not knowing what would happen... but it seems to be headed in the right direction.


On Thursday night, Hal & I went to another game though. We had his company tix...so we also had access to food on the club level...we tried a new place that ended up being a disaster... it took 25 or so minutes & we missed a good chunk of the 2nd period... it was Asian food & they put it in a traditional Asian to-go container...and I really cant eat stuff like that in my lap... so I had to also get something more "hand" friendly to eat back in the seats....


Anyway... as if missing a big chunk of the 2nd period due to that food experience wasnt enough... as I was in line to get popcorn... there was only one line open... the 2nd period ended... and more people started coming out... well, about the same time... this other girl at the concession stand came down to her register...and a rude man started walking up asking her if she was open... I was already really pissed off at my wait times... so I let him know I had been waiting in line longer than he...


WELL... one thing led to another & he ended up calling me a slang term for a part of the female anatomy... I usually get nervous in confrontational situations... but I was too mad at this point... I got right back in his face & replied... "Well, you like that dont you?"... he muttered something else... & the girl was already getting my stuff.... I gave her my money...got my stuff... and walked away & said back to him... "Well, I dont"...


I cant really explain why this stuff tends to follow me around... but it does... this guy was sitting in the row directly in front of us & they had already been making derogatory gay comments... we ended up moving to get away from the bozos... I dont think the guy was making comments to me as a homophobe... I think he was just a jerk... but anyway... whether it's someone in my driveway calling me a 'little queer' or a multitude of other things that just seem to happen to me...


I'm going to keep it real, y'all... I might be posting sometime with an accompanying picture of me with a blackeye... but I'm not going to wilt like a flower with these people...


PinkPower!!!

2 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

You go, Gurl! It does seem like things like that happen to you a lot. I have to admit, though, these are some of my favorite bloggy posts!!! Sometimes a little confrontation is fun. I'm like you, I don't shy away from it!

Let 'em have it sister!

Dusty Brown said...

You got it from me. LOL. You know how confrontations find me so often. I loved that you said something, though. Kinda like that time with the gas station restroom and thinking you were about to get your honkey ass beat...LOL again!