Sunday, November 18, 2007

BsAs (Part Three) ***Updated with a pic link

If you havent read part 1 & 2... please stop & scroll down to read previous entries...


Ahh... we woke up around noon on Saturday and took a taxi down to the Florida Shopping District... as is the norm in BsAs... the taxi scared the bejesus out of me... but we made it...


Our first task was to find the tour company & get our tix for the Futbol game the following day... we did that.... and then walked around Plaza St. Martin... which was in an earlier pic that I posted.... it is a beautiful park.... pretty statues & we passed it so many other times during our visit....


The shopping district was a lot of fun... the Florida district is several blocks of pedestrian only traffic... there were a lot of shops... I bought a few things & was amazed at the prices... they were pretty inexpensive. We had lunch at Il Gran Caffe... it was a sidewalk thing & was so much fun...


We were on a mission to find Futbol gear for the game the next day... after an exhaustive search... we found what we wanted & hailed a taxi back to Recoleta.....


We had a drink--or four---and the rest is documented in a vlog:



Here's a link to some of the pictures we took in Plaza San Martin

7 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Gurl! You should have seen me at my desk clapping like a seal when I saw you made a bloggy video!

I love it so much. You are a natural! I should have known as much, for a diva. Whitney needs to step up her game a little!!!!

It looks like such a great time, except for that crazy cab ride. At least he was listening to decent music!

Ok, the apartment is GORGEOUS. I love it, it's so modern and sleek!!

I hope to see more, Gurl. This totally made my day. I had to watch at work, with the volume turned down pretty low. I'll have to watch again when I get home for the total sound effects.

Loved it, Gurl!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good video! The cab ride brought back memories. Even the bus drivers played tango. I didn't recognize the food at the restaurant so much (except for STEAK). I always had empanads, milanesas (pounded thin meat breaded and fried), and of course the ubiquitous flan (ugh). But the big beer bottle was familiar!

Did you do any of the confiterias (coffee houses)?

Casey said...

We did have empanadas.. didnt know about the milenesas though...but I stayed away from the flan...yuck.

We did do coffee at a cafe one day... mostly just had it at a restaurant after dinner. We went to a really old cafe in Congressional area though... (not Cafe Tortoni... too much of a wait).

I will confess that we were more interested in beer & wine than coffee though :)

Dusty Brown said...

Oh, goodness. I loved it! Loved it!! I always knew you liked big bottles.

Seriously, though, that was truly great. I loved how you could tell that the alsohol consumption was getting higher and higher as the minutes of the vlog passed!!!

Josh Middleton said...

Gorgeous pictures, Gurl. You couldn't have asked for a better day for picture takin'. It was so bright and beautiful out, and of course the breathtaking scenery didn't hurt either!!!

Mmmwah

BartLennon said...

Awesome vid - great job! It was especially pleasant to witness the progressively intrusive impact of the cerveza throughout the night. You're a natural on camera, and you have highlighted why I am unable to do likewise over on 11. Too much pudgy straight boy going on here.

P.S. Not sure where you've been dining and/or shopping, but I can show you where you can get a rump steak in Nashville if you really want it! ;-)

Casey said...

Ha! thanks for the offer, Bart... but if the rump steak in BsAs was just so-so... I sure as hell wont be eating it here in the US.

I'll stick with the lean meats.