Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The year that was & it's on to the next!

Ok, y'all... 2007 is just a memory now, but... wow, what a year it was! One of the best I've had and hopefully just a hint of things to come for me in 2008!!!

Here's a recap of a few highlights:

1) I started blogging
2) I got to touch & get photographed with the Lord Stanley Cup (hockey thing if you arent in the know)
3) I saw the following concerts/performances: The First Lady of Country Music, Ms. Loretta Lynn--one of the highlights of my life, seriously--with a great friend & fellow blogger, Josh......... Bernadette Peters (another treasure), and saw Paula Poundstone's standup & actually met her
4) I went to some fun Broadway shows here in Nashville: Putnam County Spelling Bee & Sweet Charity--featuring Molly Ringwald
5) I was able to see the Nashville Symphony several times in their new, beautiful building
6) I bought two of my favorite albums of the year by Brits Amy Winehouse & Mika (love both albums)and also added to my country music women collection with Patsy, Dolly & a few others
10) I saw one of the Weathergirls sing "It's Raining Men" at the Gay Pride festival... hehe
11) I went to a lot of fun party's / events such as Wine on the River and a lot of "Wine Club" parties with a fun group of friends, as well as other smaller parties at friends house (can we say pool parties & football parties, yall?) :)
12) Luckily, I managed to escape a few brawls from either random people or people who wanted to mouth off about gay's.
13) I accepted a new position within my company
14) and definitely the highlight of the year was my first (real) international trip... to Buenos Aires. I still cant believe I was able to do that.

So there ya go... I'm sure that I'm leaving some things out. It's hard to think that 2008 can be even better, but you can darn sure bet that I'm going to try. Hal & I will celebrate 10 years together in the fall and we're already brainstorming about another fabulous trip.

BTW... we had such a nice, low-key New Years... we bought plenty of adult beverages, ingredients for a fabulous meal & stayed home... it was awesome! I loved it.

That's all for now folks!!! I really hope that all of you have a happy & prosperous 2008! Y'all rock and I'm so happy you've continued reading this blog.

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

It was a fabulous year, Gurl, and this one will be even better. It will all start with a #1 follow-up to the smash hit Emancipation of Mimi!

I hope to see you in 2008, Bitch!