Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Gotta love a holiday weekend

I was so thrilled to have a long weekend due to Presidents Day!!! It wasnt terribly productive, but it was relaxing.

Friday night, several of us went on a fun excursion. Someone planned a Gay Dive Bar tour of 3 bars I had never been to. I'll just say that I'm not really the target demographic for any of these places, but it was nice to cross over the other side of the tracks for a night (coincidentally, one place was called Trax). It was also refreshing not really having to worry about getting too " cutesy/trendied" up. The downside was that these places are 21&up only (meaning they allow smoking). I had to go straight home and shower before bed. Every fiber of clothing I had on (underclothes included) was dreadful. I'd totally be up for it again sometime (after my lungs have had a chance to recover).

I really dont have anything else to share about the weekend. We didnt really do anything--unless you count a really intense Saturday cleaning session...and who doesnt enjoy cleaning house, right? It would be dreamy to have a maid.

I did catch up on some shows I had recorded. I watched a VH1 Crossroads show with Robert Plant and Allison Krauss. (Sorry, Nathan, no sighting of the 11 staff). I really love Allison Krauss but confess that Robert Plant is not really my thing.

I also watched an hour long CMT studio concert with LeeAnn Womack. I really like her & wish she was more popular.

Finally, I watched a show that Amy Winehouse recorded in London (I think) a while back. This is before she sought the most recent round of drug/alcohol treatment. I really think she has a special voice, but girlfriend is a bit out in orbit. If you are a fan & get the MHD (Music High Def, I think) channel, check it out.

I hope you all had a good weekend as well!

I'm currently excited about going to a hockey game tonight, hopefully I'll have some good news to report about that!

4 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Hey, Gurl! I'm glad you had a nice weekend but I think your a bitch for rubbing in the fact that you had President's Day off!

I can't stand smokey bars. It's so strange how that smoke sticks to you like glue, in no time flat! It ought to be outlawed EVERYWHERE!

Have a great night and good luck to your Predators!

W

Josh Middleton said...

By the way.. Have you been watching Big Brother this season?? Whaddya think?

Casey said...

Yeah, I have been watching Big Brother... and I'm sure I will continue to do so, but I dont like the whole couple thing this season. Boo. Plus, I cant really pick out a houseguest that makes me really like them yet.

BartLennon said...

Yeah, I watched the Krauss / Plant episode too -- you could only see my friend Scott, and you had to (1) know what he looks like and (2) really look for him. I was behind an amp. :-(