Monday, February 11, 2008

Rocking the Grammys

I was pretty excited to watch the Grammy Awards last night. I was particularly interested to find out how many awards Amy Winehouse would get.

I love love love her "Back to Black" album and have been sad to see all the personal drama she's been involved with recently. I was happy she won so many awards and thought her performance was ok... maybe a bit odd, but I'm guessing she's trying to figure out life without heroin or whatever else she did.

Stay in Rehab & work it out, girl!

P.S... what about Tina Turner?! Girlfriend gave Beyonce a lesson on how to perform even when you are almost 70 years old! I totally wish she would go on tour again. I'd be there in a hot second!!

2 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Gurl! The Grammy's were FAB last night. Tina and Beyonce ripped it up. I loved it! and did you notice in Beyonce's little intro she mentioned me? :)~

I loved Wino's performance. The first song, I thought, was the best. She was really strange, but I found it to be pretty effective. She's a bizarre gurl. At times I couldn't help but wonder if 90% of her shananigans are just staged anyways.

Alicia Keys was amazing and Aretha... was so, so.

Oh, and Carrie Underwood was a hot little ticket, too!

Love ya gurl!

Casey said...

I like Alicia Keys, but I'll admit I fast forwarded the "duet with Sinatra."

I'm weirded out by those type of "duets with dead people."

I did notice Beyonce's nod!

About Amy, no, I dont think her shenanigans are staged... I really think she's just kinda out there, but she has a phenomenal voice.

Carrie Underwood always rocks it out. I love her!