Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ahh... daytime tv

When you have a weekday job, you dont usually have a chance to watch the morning talk shows. My favorites, aside from GMA, have typically been "The View" and "Ellen."

I worked from home on Wednesday and will be on Thursday this week though; unfortunately, I couldnt find what channel or time slot they moved "Ellen" to in Nashville, so I missed that one, but caught "The View." While I miss a semi-recently departed host, I still enjoy the roundtable discussions (when they dont talk over each other) and some of the guests.

On Wednesday, Tracey Ullman was a guest. I realize she has a much longer history, but I first started watching her on the HBO show, "Tracey Takes On..." I absolutely loved the show... She is a riot and one of the best impressionist/sketch comedians in my opinion. Unfortunately I cant find a video clip of the show today yet.

Anyway, she's about to have a new, limited-run series on the Showtime network and I only had HBO :( but a quick call to Comcast changed that. Luckily, they are running a special 6 month promotional offer, so I was in a happy state to get it for 6 months at least.

If you are a Tracey fan or sketch comedy fan... and have Showtime... or at least Comcast so you can get the promo rate, you should totally check it out. Here's the link with a preview.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've gotten to see the series. Let me just say, this is the fucking funniest show, Showtime, has ever put on! I couldn't stop laughing! I loved Tracey Takes On, but this is even better. It's so spot on, and her Dina Lohan impression through the entire series, is so scary, so tragic, and so hilarious.

There's a great sketch, with passengers stuck in a Jet Blue plane for 12 hours. Judie Dentch's new movie about Alzheimers, "Who the Fuck Was I", is hysterical. The famous Malawi actress, comes to America with a camera crew to adopt one of OUR children. Showtime better order more episodes of this series!

Josh Middleton said...

Wow, Tracey would be so proud to know you bought a whole package of Showtime just for her new show! What a diva!