Friday, March 21, 2008

TGIF, y'all!!!

I'm so happy that the weekend is here. I've honestly had a light work week and didnt work today, but I've got an exciting weekend on tap.

We're going to a rare 2pm Predators game tomorrow (hopefully the results will be better than the game against the Red Wings last night... boo!) and the event I've been anticipating for several weeks starts at 6:30pm!!! I'm so excited to see the The First Lady of Country Music. Hopefully I'll get a good picture to share.

On another note, I've got spring fever and we've resumed the hunt for a house. We're content living in the duplex that Hal owns, but ready to have a single family home. I've already had some disappointment with 2 properties that I loved... but they already were under contract after a week (and I didnt find out about them being on the market until it was too late).

When I was growing up, I wanted to be several things, but mostly either a travel agent or a real estate agent. My friend and I would look at home guides and dream about the money we would make in commission. I figured out that travel agents dont really make any money... and never really pursued the real estate thing.

Boy am I glad! I've looked at several properties and I hate being that bitchy, picky buyer, but it's all part of the day's work for a realtor. While I hate being that person, I also have to remind myself what a major purchase I'm about to make.

We're pretty sure we will stay in our immediate neighborhood, but we'll re-evaluate that if the search continues past a couple of months. I'll keep you all posted!!! Hopefully I'll have good news sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Hey Gurl! You've been good about updating the blogs this week!

Sounds like you have a fun-filled weekend planned. Your Saturday is booked with the Preds and the Queen of Country. I can't wait to see pictures of the mystery queen (he-he-he)!

I loved the story about what you wanted to be as a child. I may steal your idea and do a similar post about myself one day soon.

I can't wait to hear any news about the house hunt. Nows the time to do it! Good luck and have fun this weekend!

Whitney

Anonymous said...

hey i'm a travel agent and im a little offended by your comment... and i make a hundred million thousand dollars a year!

Casey said...

Wow, Anon... apparently the average travel agent's salary has been well adjusted for inflation since I researched that position as a career :)

With a salary like that, I might be in the mood to reconsider!!