Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Over it!

The past two weeks have been a craigslist carnival. I'm happy to report the carnival has seemingly left 37th Ave at this point.

We posted the rental units at the duplex & we have a lease on one side and a background check approved prospect for the other.

As if that wasnt enough dealing with random people, we listed our old sofa & stove/oven both for free. The sofa was a sleeper-sofa & was 800 years old & the oven didnt work--only the stove.

I listed those two items last night at 8pm & had people contacting me within 15 minutes. They were both gone 24 hours later.

Here's where the title of my post comes in....

The couple who picked up the sofa was interracial. They were young, adorable & engaged. They recently moved into an apartment & have nothing except an inflatable mattress. Our sofa will fit them well-- it was still up to diva standards.

The rub was... I was discussing their wedding timeline & she said they had been turned down by one minister already (who was related to her)... b/c they were interracial... I'm amazed that that mindset still pervades some who profess to be Christian.

Let love live :)

No comments: