Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday night is over

It's odd to think that I'm back in the hotel already after a few hours out & people are just getting out of work in the US.

I walked down to the gay village again tonight (Chinatown is in the same area... I've see Chinatown in other cities and they are all the same really)... the patrons werent quite as pissed as Sunday night. I had a hard time finding a restaurant serving food around there at 8:30pm, but settled with an Italian themed restaurant. It was a basement building that would probably be a candidate for Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen nightmares, but I was hungry & braved it out. The food sucked for the most part, but the wine was good :)

After dinner, I went into a dance/video bar. Who doesnt love to see vintage videos of Elton John, Abba & the Jacksons???

2 pints was all I could handle though... I still wanted to walk home in a straight line. The hotel is about a mile away from the gay village.

The walk to the hotel turned into an episode though... a very large guy (who looked & was the same size as this guy) decided to find his way home with me. He had an English accent but was so pissed he had no clue where to find his train. I wasnt much help obviously, but he decided to hang on my shoulder to support his drunken walk... nevermind I am half his weight. He asked me what my name was about 6 times within 3 minutes. I had no idea where his station was. I finally just asked someone on the street if they could help him. As I walked away after telling him to walk in the opposite direction I was going, he kept yelling my name... it was quite awkward, but comical.

He seemed str8 as an arrow though... so I dont think he fancied me in "that" way. He was just pissed.

I'm not sure if it is just our situation in most US cities that someone has to drive home... but I've seen so many people just out of their mind drunk here. I avoided one restaurant last night just b/c when I went to read their menu posted outside, a patron was just hiccuping and barely had her eyes open...while the other man & woman at her table were just disgustingly making out. They'd obviously been drinking a bit. I went a few shops down & saw them get in a taxi later... it was very comical/sad.

If someone was in a resturant in the US in the state I've seen people in here, they would be cut off & kicked out.

Damn... maybe I'm a bit pissed b/c I intended a quick post...

I'll chalk it up to the fact that I havent talked to anyone I know verbally since last Saturday. :)

Cheers, mates.

2 comments:

Dusty Brown said...

That'swhy people say Euro-trash, I do believe! LOL!

Josh Middleton said...

Hey, Gurl! I have just now been able to catch up to your Manchester posts. My dad came into town and I think I was on the internet for 10 minutes since Friday night. Anyways.

I can't believe that guy was hanging all over you like that. How awkward! With all the drunks roaming the street, you'd think you were in Ireland or something!

Sounds like quite an experience!