Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'm a little behind, y'all!!!

Ok... I've been a little light on posting new blog entries this past week.

I went to Philadelphia for a training last week. I had a great time. I was able to stay in Center City and was just a short walk from a ton of things... most importantly, my friend, Josh's, employer. We were able to hang out Wednesday night, Thursday night and during the day on Friday. I had to leave Friday evening, but we packed a lot of sightseeing in a short period of time.

We walked down to the old city where so much history was made. We saw the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall (unfortunately couldnt go in to see it) along with a lot of other really interesting buildings.

I do have some pictures to share, but my "assistant" hasnt put them on Flickr yet. I'll keep you posted. (Josh already posted some of his pics).

The rest of the weekend was pretty much low key aside from a visit to the Nashville Gay Pride festival in Centennial Park on Sunday.

It was back to the office this week.

I'm leaving on Saturday for Manchester, UK, to deliver another training session. I havent been to Europe before (mainly b/c of the weak dollar, so it will be nice to go on an expense account :).

I'll be there a little over a week & I'll take plenty of pictures & hopefully keep my blog updated while I am there. The only downer is that I'll be traveling alone :( Hopefully I can find plenty of things to keep me occupied.

Stay tuned for the pictures of Philly!!!

3 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Well, it's about time you posted something about our rendevous! You better start cracking that whip on your assistant - he is slackin' big time!! :)~

Anonymous said...

Wow ... had no idea the Parthenon was actually duplicated!

Rick Watson said...

I know you enjoyed your time in Philly with Whit! Sounds like you made the most of it.

Last semester I wrote a paper on the Parthenon in Nashville. A lady actually came to campus to speak. We learned a lot about Miss Athena and her quarters! I kept the paper. It's always fun referring back to things you've studied to refresh your memory. I tend to forget!

-Rick