Thursday, July 3, 2008

Some progress on the furnishing front


Hey, y'all... hope you've had a great short work week. I've had a really relaxing week. I worked from home since I didnt have any trainings scheduled, and it was very nice. I've got next week off and obviously am thrilled.

It's a good thing I'm off next week... they are delivering our new sofa!!! This has been the bane of our existence here on Colorado Ave so far. We've only had one comfy chair and one directors chair... not so comfy for long periods. I'll let you guess who usually gets the comfy club chair. :)

I cant even imagine how many trips we've made to furniture stores and how many sofas we've seen, but I hope to not be sofa shopping for a LONG time... I hate it. We decided to go with something neutral that will work with any style. It's not bold with color, so we'll have to bring in that extra touch with accessories/art. I cant wait for it to get here on Tuesday. I dont care if they wake me up at 8am on my vacation day. I'M READY!!!

I also purchased a new washer/dryer today... Unfortunately it had to be ordered and I dont know when it will be here, but I can deal with the laundrymat with the assurance that the end is near. It will be an adjustment with a front loading one, but our space didnt provide any other options.

I've included an image of the sofa, but spared you the boredom of the plain white w/d.

Hope you all have a great Independence Day!!! We are going to hang out at a friends pool and I'm looking forward to that.

Careful with the fireworks!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart to get a sofa that will work with a variety of colors/styles. Nobody wants a big pink dinosaur! (Am I describing myself?!)

We just got our first set of front-loaders. They use less water and I honestly think they clean better.

Y'alls have a great 4th too.

Josh Middleton said...

Congratulations on the new sofa and w/d, Gurls! I know this has been a long time a-comin' and I know how relieved you are to get it. Your dream home is coming together!!!

Have a good fourth.

MMmmmwah.

W

Rick Watson said...

Nice homey sofa! Looks very comfortable and definitely versatile when it comes to designing your interior space around it.

I tend to go with the more contemporary styles which, at times, means I forfeit a lot of comfort.

Actually, I'm selling my sofa to a couple of friends who are moving into a new apt next weekend. I have a 2.5 seater black leather IKEA sofa. I found it here in Louisville at a consignment shop. I'm just tired of looking at black all the time. I plan to lighten up and soften up with the next sofa selection!