Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Two timing Tuesday

I was a bit lazy about blogging last week. I was on a 'stay at home' vacation and really didnt do anything notable, so I gave you all a break from the mundane.

There have been some progressive developments here on Colorado Avenue though!!!

The sofa arrived last Tuesday. It's bliss. It's totally made our living room, (or should I call it a parlor since it's a Victorian?), feel sooo much more complete. No complaints in the least.

Following up on Teriffic Tuesdays, the washer/dryer arrived today. Y'all... it's been 2 months since we moved and a little over one month since we lost w/d access. I've never been so thrilled to do laundry. I sat in front of the washer like a little kid watching through the window during the first wash. I know the enthusiam will soon fade, but it's so neat having all the new bells & whistles.

On another house update, if you recall from the initial move in pics, we have a teeny tiny kitchen. The only small counterspace was filled with our small microwave. That situation was remedied with a kitchen cart this weekend with the microwave tucked away and out of sight. It's a necessity in a micro-kitchen. Although we added an additional piece of furniture, it really 'feels' bigger.

You know here in the World of Casey that we are slow to post pics/video clips, but patience in a virtue. I'll try to do a video tour soon. In the meantime, here are the stock clip images of the new w/d.


3 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Very cute appliances, Gurl! I can't wait to see a video tour!

Rick Watson said...

Oh what a luxury having your own washer/dryer. I have never had my own place with a w/d included. I like doing laundry at my own pace. I don't like feeling forced to do it. Then it's not so pleasurable for me. Otherwise, I find it therapeutic.

I often wonder how it would be to own my own home. You seem to be enjoying it a lot. There are so many simple little things that can make your day. As they say, it's the simple things in life...

Like you, I'm doing the college thing in (2) parts. When I was 19 right out of high school, I went straight to college at Lindsey Wilson College in Columbia, KY. I was a full time student for (2) full academic years, although my focus was more on partying than studying. I then stopped, and now I'm back to finish with a much more serious mindset.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask you what company you work with. At the Presbyterian Center, we purchased a purchase order program called Counterpoint. Have you heard of it? The owner and trainer came to Louisville several times for training seminars. He was based in Nashville.

Anonymous said...

OMG you are so cute with these appliances and furniture, etc. We have a very similar front-loading set.

Life is in the details.