Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nothing clever for ya today.

Hey, y'all! Hope you havent forgotten about me!!! I've been light on the blog updates, but once again, didnt really have much to report.

I did enjoy the Olympics last week. The swimming and gymnastics are my favorites, and I loved getting caught up in it. Michael Phelps was unbelievable. I was also rooting for Darra Torres Saturday night and was sad she didnt get an individual gold medal. It's amazing that a 41 y/o can still hang with the "young'ins" and only miss the gold by 1/100th of a second. Keep your fingers crossed we can see her do it at 45!!!

Other than that, we had a fun weekend. We were low key Friday night but had some things to do Saturday. We (and a few other people) helped a friend paint. I'll admit, I've probably painted once in the last 15 years (it's Hal's job), but I gave it a good shot. I told Hal not to get any ideas on it being a regular thing around our house.

After the painting, we zipped over to Opry Mills for a thing for Hal's office. We went bowling & played some arcade type games at Dave & Busters. As usual, I was one of the worst bowlers in my lane, but I'm used to that. I did do very well at a trivia game later and won a lot of tickets (that we gave to little kids of Hal's coworkers). I still enjoy bowling no matter how good/bad I am.

We had a mostly relaxing Sunday. We enjoyed some lunch on the patio at SATCO before coming home for some yard work. I'm ashamed to admit I was a little sore in the "gluts" after bowling and yardwork. Sigh.

I'm excited this week to find out who Obama will select as his VP.

I hope you all have a great rest of the week. Thanks for checking in on my blog!

3 comments:

Rick Watson said...

I love bowling too. I never do it anymore. I used to be on a league when I was about 16. It's always fun. I've got a pretty strong arm.

Opry Mills looks like a nice place. Next time I'm in Nashville I'll have to stop in. I still want to see the Athena inside the Parthenon.

Josh Middleton said...

Hey, Gurl! That title is all wrong - you're always clever!

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. It was so nice of you to help your friend paint. Just think, she'll always look at her walls and think, "My goodness, a diva painted these."

Josh Middleton said...

P.S. I'm looking forward to the VP pick as well. I really hope it's not some boring, old, white, man. Come on Obama - be bold!!!