Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Mania

Hey, y'all! Yet again, it's been a few days since I've posted, but the wait is over.

I'm so happy that the Summer Olympics have finally arrived. I like both Summer & Winter games, but I think I'm more of a Summer fan.

We stayed in on Friday night and watched the Opening Ceremonies. I always enjoy them, but as I'm sure you've read, this was one of the best. The torch lighting was a fitting last touch.

I watched a few events on Saturday afternoon, but heats are not as interesting as Medal events and I was soon over it.

The weather in Nashville has been beautiful the past few days, and I'm loving it. On Saturday night, we went to celebrate a friend's birthday at Arrington Vineyards. We had a lot of fun chit-chatting, listening to live music , and ,of course, enjoying wine. It's worth a 30 minute venture outside Nashville if you've never been.

Oh... and I had to come home and watch the Olympics when I got home :) Thank you DVR!

Sunday was pretty low key aside from watching... you guessed it... more Olympics. The mens gold medal relay last night was AWESOME! Hope you all had a chance to watch.

Blah blah blah... I'm out.. surely there are some Olympics to watch. ;)

4 comments:

BartLennon said...

The men's relay last night... killer.

Suck it, Frenchies!

Casey said...

My sentiments exactly! It was a really amazing moment considering the French trash talk.

I thought we were the unrefined ones?

Josh Middleton said...

Oh, Girl. Just like the hockey thing, I just don't share your interest in the olympics. I just can't get into it. Now, I was very involved with the Nancy Kerrigan/Tanya Harding drama in the early 90's. I was all about that!

Rick Watson said...

Oh, Josh you just want all the drama of two divas going at it! But don't we all?

I, myself, have been watching a lot the Olympics. My favorite so far was the synchronized diving yesterday. The American David Boudia was HOT HOT HOT! His body was unbelievably tight. His torso looked like an ironing board! Not only the body, but his face was extremely attractive. Oh, and yes he's an excellent diver as well!

For some reason, it seems I catch the swimmers' competition often. I guess because of Michael Phelps' involvement. He is so sweet, tall, boyishly manly, and loves his mama!