Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm still here!

It's still pretty quiet in the WOC. I'm finding it odd adjusting to my new situation and making decisions on my next move. I'm very fortunate that I have some time to work it out.

On a different note, I've had a great weekend. Our friend Richard came over Friday night and we played a card game that I love, but dont get to play often b/c it's not as fun with only 2 players.

On Saturday, we finally went to see the new Batman movie. I really enjoyed it and loved Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker. It was such a better character than was portrayed by Jack Nicholson in the 90's, which wasnt so villianous in my opinion. The Batman series got a little too silly & campy for me with Jim Carrey as the Riddler and another release or so, but I'm so glad they've returned to a "darker" interpretation.

I dont make it to the movies too often. I may have mentioned that I have an attention span that makes me antsy sitting through a 2 hour movie next to annoying people (yesterday was no exception), but I had a great time yesterday.

I hope you all had a great weekend and will have a fantastic week. I'll keep you posted of anything exciting here, but for now, I'm just planning to continue the job search.

P.S... On Saturday night, Hal & I played a 90's version of Trivial Pursuit and I beat him!!! I think it's the first time I've done that, so it was a sweet, sweet victory!

3 comments:

Rick Watson said...

Good luck with the job search! You'll probably end up with something even better than before!

Josh Middleton said...

Hey, Gurl! It's good to here the diva had such and eventful weekend. I saw Batman a few weeks ago and liked it as well. I thought it was a little too long, though. It was neat seeing Ledger's portrayal of the Joker, which I thought took a few notes from Nicholson's prior performance. I really liked the more psychotic twist he gave it. Eeeeeery!

Good luck with the week's job search. Enjoy yourself. Just like Rick, I think you will definitely find something much better than you had before. Be a diva, be picky!! You have a lot to offer and there's no reason why you shouldn't have the most ideal job situation for yourself.

Love ya, Gurl

W

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. I didn't see the Batman movie, so I'm out.

I'm glad the situation is calm and collected. Actually, I'm not surprised. You seem like an in-charge type of person. Good luck with all of it.