Monday, September 15, 2008

Dolly & Jake

I've expressed my admiration for Dolly Parton here before, but I'm also a big fan of Scissor Sisters, particularly the lead singer Jake Shears.

I've yet to see Dolly in concert, but I did get the chance to see Scissor Sisters here in Nashville a few months before I started this blog. I love love love their music and performances, but apparently I'm in the minority in the US. They are much more popular in Europe despite being from the US.

My laptop wallpaper is even the band's logo and I proudly sport my SS shirt in cooler weather.

Getting to the point, I just came across a 4 part 'webumentary' of Jake interviewing Dolly. Each of the four episodes are 5 minutes long, so if you are interested in viewing it, you may want to bookmark it and watch when you have time.

Here's the link. I think it was recorded last year before Backwoods Barbie debuted in February.

3 comments:

Rick Watson said...

I'm a Scissor Sister fan too!

Dolly is coming to Louisville to perform The Palace on Oct 24!

Josh Middleton said...

Oh cool! You slipped this post right in the middle, so I missed it somehow. I'll definitely have to check that out. You know I love me some Dolly and some of those upbeat Scissor Sisters tunes!

Take your Dolly out all night!

Anonymous said...

Missed this blog entry! Josh says he likes the upbeat S.S. tunes. Funny, I like those but LOVE their slower, more ballad-like things.

Wow - I thought they were popular here in U.S.