Monday, September 15, 2008

It's alive!!!

You all may think I have fallen off the face of the planet recently. I just realized I havent blogged, aside from posting video links, in about two weeks. I'll see if I can catch you up to speed.

I'm super excited that the regular NFL season has kicked off again. It's one of my favorite things about Sundays. The weekend after Labor Day, we had a few people over to watch the TN Titans game which ended in a nice victory over the Jacksonville Jags. (some of my readers have already fallen asleep in this post b/c they arent into sports. I know your names!)

Last week was uneventful until the weekend. Saturday, we worked in the yard so it looked nice for the neighborhood home tour on Sunday. There were about 9 properties open and one was the church next door, so we made sure everything looked nice outside here. I was so glad to get some mums for my porch & around the mailbox. It makes me feel like fall is really here! We werent down for the day after that though. We had dinner with Hal's family and had a good time.

Speaking of the yard that looked so perfect on Saturday... pretty strong winds moved in overnight and blew a bunch of branches and other debris in our yard. Oh well, small potatoes compared to the damage Ike did in other places.

On Sunday, we headed over to some friends house to watch some of the Titans game (another victory) before going on the Sylvan Park home tour. I've been on it before. It's fun to see other people's homes & get some ideas. I'll admit this year was pretty lackluster though, and I was a little disappointed. It's been better in the past.

That's about all for now though, y'all. I may have more interesting things to blog about in the upcoming weekends. I've got a few things planned. Stay tuned!!

P.S. it's been a while since I blogged, so make sure you scroll down for the newest video link.

3 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

I'm sure your yard looks lovely as you prepare for Fall, girl. A little yard work is always so much fun - especially with a glass of iced tea and a man doing all the work for you.

It's good to see you back again. I know you are excited about the new season of NF...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

:)

W

Anonymous said...

Sports and decorating ideas. Casey, you are a pretty original guy. You are your on person ... very interesting and refreshing! I told you I "discovered" gold this summer. I was hoping to impress you, dude.

I spend most of my time in my yard and garden. Every minute is a pleasure. Work those mums, man!

Anonymous said...

OK, let's fix those typos:

1. You are your OWN person.
2. I "discovered" *GOLF* this summer, not gold (dammit).

Would you believe since 1983 I have worked as an ... EDITOR?!