Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall's here!!!

It's official as of 1pm-ish today, Fall has officially arrived!!! Spring & Fall are my favorite seasons. I love the mild/cool weather. The downside to Fall is when all the leaves fall from the trees, but it's just a part of it.

I hope you all had a great weekend. If you didnt, I have had enough fun for you.

We stayed in Friday night b/c I was feeling horrible for some crazy reason. I was all better on Saturday though, and it was just in time!

Saturday was the Wine on the River event. I mentioned this last year, but here's a brief refresher: it's held on an old bridge (which is now only for pedestrians) overlooking downtown. You pay about $50 for a ticket, but you get a wine glass as you walk in and there are 30 something booths/tents setup and most of those tents have wines from different brands/wineries. They dont really 'fill up' your glass each time, and that probably is a good thing considering there is so much wine and 4 hours to enjoy it. Needless to say, we all got a bit of a wine buzz anyway.

It didnt stop at 7pm though, oh no. Five of us jumped in a taxi-van and headed back to our neighborhood where there was more wine & food awaiting at our friends Casey & Shane's house. Good times!!!

As if Saturday's festivities werent enough, Sunday was game-day. Shane got our gang of 5 tickets to the Titans game against the Houston Texans. We had a lot of fun and the Titans won to boot!!! We did walk across the pedestrian bridge mentioned above to get to the Coliseum, but sadly all the wine was gone :)

We watched the Emmy's last night. I thought they were sorta boring, but I was glad to see how well 30 Rock did. If you dont already watch that show, you're missing out and should pick it up when the new season starts. It's a very fun, smart comedy. I couldnt agree with the star of the show more (Tina Fey) who hopes she is done playing Sarah Palin come November 5th.

That's about all for now.

Enjoy fall!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL about Tina Fey's comment!!!!!

That bridge sounds like something out of the Dustin Hoffman movie "Perfume" (do you know it?).

Your weekend sounds like so much fun - I would have enjoyed it, too, except for the wine drinking. As you know, I can't approve of that. Wine is from the Devil.

Casey said...

I dont know that movie, but the bridge is great. It has great views.

Here is the wiki addy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Street_Bridge

P.S. I prefer to look at it this way. Wine is not from the devil. It's a gift of delicious grapes from God. He/She wants us to drink it.

Rick Watson said...

wine gives me a headache! :(

Anonymous said...

Hey Casey - I was being silly (I often am!). Self-mockery. The fact is I love wine. And I agree with you ... it is a gift from god. It's one of the joys in life.

Josh Middleton said...

Wow. I missed the boat on this post. I remember your post from last year about this event. It sounds like so much fun. You had pictures last year, though!

I can't wait for the new season of 30 Rock. I started to get into last season, just as it was wrapping up!

Have a good night, Mimi-Puss.

W