Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Prez's Day!

I hope everyone is enjoying your President's Day holiday--assuming you have the day off. Kind of a nonsensical holiday in my opinion, but I used to enjoy a paid day off anyway.

I also hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day! Hal & I arent usually into getting caught up in the mania of commercial holidays and this year was no exception. We dont care about cards or gifts and lovey dovey patrons at restaurants, so we stayed home all day. We had a friend come over to play cards that night and that's the extent. Note to my card playing friend, I dont take losing lightly and will make sure that doesnt happen again.

I mentioned in my last blog that we had some hockey games last week. They were exciting. We lost to Detroit pretty badly--BOO, Red Wings. We went back on Thursday for Hal's bday and saw one of the most exciting games so far this year. The Preds tied up the game with only 3 seconds left and won the game in an overtime/shoot-out. Woo Hoo. We didnt go Saturday night, but they again won in a shoot-out against the best team in the league. Let's hope they win again tonight. We are really close to edging into the last spot to make it into the playoffs. I'm excited to go tonight!!!

I've bored all the non-hockey fans (most of the people who read this blog), so I'll wrap this up.

Have a good week!!!

3 comments:

Rick Watson said...

I was on moving day 3 on President's Day. I even skipped class to finish up.

I can't believe you and honey don't do Valentine's Day. It's a fun sweet time to be a little crazy, unless you're just like that all the time, then it would be just another day.

btw.... thanks for the hockey update! (is hockey were you putt that disk and skate on ice?)

Bill Fogle said...

Gary & I didn't observe VD this year either. Most years Gary will get me a card (notice the one-way action), but we skipped even that.

Good luck with everything. -Bill.

Josh Middleton said...

Mimi,

I'm a little late on this one, girl, but I'm glad the two of you had a nice V-Day - even though you didn't really recognize it. You rebel diva.

You should write a song about it and over sing like you always do!

Just kidding.

Whitney