Monday, March 2, 2009

March is here...

Hard to believe that March is already here. March & April are usually interesting weather months in Tennessee. It might snow one day and be 70 degrees a couple of days later. We're kicking the month off that way now. We had snow on Sunday and it will be around 70 by week's end. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather, but I like seeing snow sometimes too. We dont get enough in Nashville.

I do get panicky about tornado weather this time of year though. It might sound silly, but that's just me. This year is even crazier b/c we dont really have an interior room or hallway in this house. I guess our somewhat basementy area would be the safest. I can assure you I've never been shy about popping into the closet during a storm at our old house. Bottom line is that I'm a big baby about stormy/windy weather.

We had a great week & weekend. On Saturday, we ran around town looking at rugs for our living room. I hate looking for stuff like that, but I was relieved to head to the hockey game against Detroit that night. The game was U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E!!! Detroit is always one of the top teams in the league. We're struggling this year but whipped their behind. It was 5-0 at the end of the first period!! We wound up with an 8-0 victory. Crazy, crazy, crazy!!!! We capped the night off back in our neighborhood at a wine party at our friends house. Good times.

We slept in a little on Sunday before going to lunch with friends. We came home and then checked out a going out of business sale... it sucked. I got back in better spirits after that when we met a friend to go bowling. I'm a very inconsistent bowler. I did well the first game and then sucked at the next. True form for Casey.

Tomorrow is a new day on the job search. I'm meeting with a new recruiting company. We'll see what kind of opportunities they have. I'll be glad for the process to be over though. I need a winning lottery ticket.

Hope y'all had a great weekend and have a great week. I'm looking forward to having some company this weekend!!!

3 comments:

Dusty Brown said...

OMG I am so glad you admitted that you run for the closet...or BATHTUB in tornadoes! LOL! I didn't want to have to call you out. We were so scared. I think we had five people in that bathtub!!

Bill Fogle said...

I'd be afraid during storms like that, too. I've never experienced a tornado.

Very best wishes for your job search!

Josh Middleton said...

I'm looking forward to you having company this weekend toooo!!

I'm even more excited now that I now it will be warm. Yes! We had a huge snow storm here too. I think it's safely the biggest one of the season. Just when I thought spring was right around the corner!

It sounds like you guys had a nice weekend. I hope you had good luck with the recruiting company. We can chat about all that this weekend over a few bottles!!!

Love ya,

W.