Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Weekend Wrap

Hey, hey, hey. I hope you're all enjoying some nice May weather. I'm glad we're past that point of all the cold stuff.

I also hope you all had a good Mother's Day weekend. I know a few people who are new moms, and I'm sure that must be a great feeling.

I did enjoy my weekend. I headed to the hills of East TN to visit family. My cousin, who I spent a lot of time with growing up,has two adorable twin girls. They had their 2nd bday party on Saturday. I don't think they cared about the party much, they'd rather run around, but it's fun to see them. I also took my ladies (my grandmother & great-grandmother) out for lunch on Sunday. It's always fun spending time with them. Even though it's been 19 years since I lost my mom, I'm so thankful I can spend time with them. They make me laugh.

It's back to work as normal though this week. I'm looking forward to a weekend at home before I get back to East TN over Memorial Day weekend. It's kind of unusual for me to be there 3 times in such a short time frame, but so be it.

I'm going to wrap this up now. Keep it cool!

3 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Hey Girl

It sounds like you had a beautiful weekend. I know you and the ladies had a blast!

We still have a touch of chilly weather in Philadelphia. It's been in the mid-60's all week, but hopefully it'll warm up a little more soon.

Love ya!

W.

Bill Fogle said...

Often I envy you that country. I was in Kentucky once and I thought parts of it were beautiful. Best wishes with the job.

Rick Watson said...

I'm a little delayed with this post.... but anyway....

I think it's lovely that you can spend time with your grandmother and great grandmother. I can't imagine not having my mother around, as much as she annoys me I do love her so much. I'm sorry about your mom.