Monday, June 22, 2009

Another weekend down

Well, it's Monday again. The good thing is that we are that much closer to Friday.

I hope you had a fun weekend. I did!

We kinda chilled out mostly on Friday. We walked down the street for dinner at The Local Taco. I'd link to their website, but they just opened in May and apparently haven't updated their site. They do have some interesting taco selections (Korean BBQ for one--which is really good) and you can't beat the convenience.

On Saturday, we headed out for lunch at Five Guys. I know it's a burger chain in most cities, but that shiz is delicious, and I'm not scared to admit it. Since I'm already doing sailor talk, I'll just say that summer has definitely arrived. It's flicking hot as hades. The temp was around 95 on Saturday. I hate to say we skipped the Gay Pride festival downtown b/c there's really not much shade unless you are under a vendor's tent. After lunch, we did stop by Centennial Park to check out the American Artisan Festival. I was hoping we would find something cool to put in the house that was unique, but alas, we left empty handed. I'm a freak about stained glass stuff and could buy out an entire booth of that, but I resisted. We need to be focused on bigger art pieces than little accent things.

Sunday was another day of fun. We relaxed for a few hours before meetings Hal's parents and sister for a Father's Day dinner at Finezza. To cap off the fun evening, we joined Hal's sister to see "The Hangover." I'd been anxious to see it and was not disappointed at all. Very funny movie in my opinion.

Nothing much planned this week. I am gearing up for a holiday weekend though. We both have July 3rd off, and even though we dont have specific plans for that either, I'm READY already!

In case I don't update until then, fireworks and sparkler fun wishes to all of you!

4 comments:

Rick Watson said...

Sounds like a nice weekend.... I hear ya on the H O T temperatures! It's so hot here in Louisville. All this week will be in the 90s with heat index well over 100! I hate it! I can't stand it! I wish I had a pool!

Josh Middleton said...

Wow. What a busy weekend. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. It hasn't been nearly that hot in Philadelphia yet. We've had a few warm days, but mostly it's been very moderate.

It's exciting that you're shopping around for accents for your place. That's so much more fun than shopping for major things, such as sofas and bedroom suits. It sounds like your place will be totally different when we get around to visiting again.

Have a great week. Smooch!

Bill Fogle said...

I've wanted to see "The Hangover" too. We'll probably wait for the dvd. Life = Netflicks.

How neat that you are looking at craft fairs for stuff for your home. Anything one-of-a-kind has a life of its own, a totally different karma than mass-produced. It breathes.

Best wishes for your summer!

Dusty Brown said...

I love Five Guys! Don't ever order as many fries as you think you need! :)