Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday Time

So, I'm still not posting as frequently as I once did, but here I am again.

I don't have a ton of interesting things to blog about, but I'll do it.

I was so happy for the weekend to roll around last week. Hell, I'm happy for any weekend. It's not that I don't enjoy having a job, I just love my personal weekend time.

We had a mostly low-key weekend and stayed in on Friday night (a few drinks were enjoyed of course). We headed to Green Hills Mall on Saturday. We never really got around to getting anything for our walls since we moved in--a freaking year ago. We still need to paint walls also, but that's a different story. One reason we aren't so quick to decorate is because it's hard for us to just settle on something, and we probably don't focus on it enough. At any rate, we ran across some artwork we liked. It's still sitting on the floor unhung (yep, I went there), but I love it. They are the same print, but reverse colors--one is heavy red with white, the other is heavy white with red. We'll get around to putting them up on our own time--probably when we have someone over next. That seems to be our motivation.

We did get some new porch furniture this weekend too. I bought a wicker chair on craigslist last year that I loved, but it isn't made for the outdoors, and even after a winter inside, it just couldnt stay outside. I'm happy to say we now have matching outdoor approved wicker chairs with adorable cushions. I think we sat out there for hours on Sunday night before we came in to watch the Tony's (without commercials of course, thanks DVR!) Hal's not a big fan, but I am, and that means a lot around here :) He hasn't accepted it yet, but he IS going to go with me to see Melissa Gilbert in the broadway production of Little House on the Prairie this year. How can you NOT be interested?

That's about it for now. Is it the weekend yet???

4 comments:

Dusty Brown said...

Little House reminds me of lazy college mornings watching TBS and skipping class...

Josh Middleton said...

Diva did some shoppin'! Sounds like you found some cute stuff for your home. I know how it is about letting so much time go by before you actually make a decision about getting something. We're the exact same way.

I really enjoyed the Tonys. Would you believe this was the very first I have EVER watched them? It makes me want to go see a Broadway show. I hadn't heard about Little House. What part is Melissa playing? Don't tell me she's going to braid her pigtails and be "Half Pint" again!

Rick Watson said...

Unhung art lying around.... hmmm, I have quite a bit of that. I understand making the decisions can be hard, especially when you're about to paint walls, but just an overall quick decor I would have to do, especially after a whole year! So get it done, and let us see the color choices, etc....

Bryan and Kim said...

Ok, first- I was @ Green Hills on Saturday. I can't believe we were in the same building (sort of!).
Secondly- I love me some half-pint. My favorite part is when Carrie falls down the hill.