Monday, August 3, 2009

Checkin' In...

Hey there! Happy August!

July in Nashville was kick-ass. It rained a lot, but the upside is that the temperatures were way lower than normal. I think it didn't even top 80 degrees for several days in a row. That's a big change from what we usually get.

We'll see what happens in August. It sounds like we are getting back to reality with the hotness--not me--later this week.

Not much has really been going on since I blogged last. We went to an art gallery a week or so again, but no luck (in a reasonable price range). No rush though. I went to two going away parties this week. One on Wednesday for my manager (who's just leaving to go to our Portland, OR office) and another on Saturday for a friend that is moving to the ATL. Good times.

Yesterday, was kinda chill aside from lunch and a grocery visit. Oh, I guess I can mention that we saw this guy at a totally dive-y Mexican restaurant. Meow!

That's about all that is shakin right now. I've got a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. We're thinking about taking a November trip this year. I just want to get away and not be too busy with checking out all the sites. A lazy kind of trip. We're thinking Las Vegas. I actually don't care about gambling, but Hal does, and I've never been to Vegas. It's really cheap right now--thanks, shitty economy. Shout if you know of any must sees or must avoids there.

Later, y'all!

3 comments:

Dusty Brown said...

I. can. not believe. that you. YOU. got to see. the guy that's dry humping Hannah Montana. in person.

Josh Middleton said...

I'm glad you had a nice/cool month, Mimi. Vegas sounds like fun. I've been through there a few times, but never stopped to spend much time. I know the Grand Canyon is fairly close. That would be fun to see!

Have a good week.

W.

Rick Watson said...

I've never been to Vegas either. I do want to go at least once.

Have you ever considered creating your own art? It's very easy and very inexpensive and it doesn't take a lot of artistic background to produce it!