Wednesday, August 19, 2009

When you say nothing at all.

Hola.

Yay, we've made it to Wednesday. I'm not sure that I'll ever get over living for the weekend.

I don't have too much to say today. We've been doing a lot of quiet weekends. The highlight was an infinitely better celebrity sighting than the last one I mentioned. We were at the grocery store one Saturday afternoon. Walking down an aisle, I passed a lady who looked familiar. I got butterflies in my stomach and was nervous. I told Hal, "OMG, I think that is Alison Krauss!" He confirmed my suspicion. I'll admit we stalked her around the store a little (it wasn't busy and she didn't even notice us). I have been a big fan of hers for a long time. Like, since back in the days when I belonged to BMG and got a bunch of tapes in the mail that I didn't really order. Well, I rarely liked any of them, but I loved hers. She has such a unique voice. The funny thing is, she was with a man who she was talking to in a funny voice (like baby talk--you know you do it too sometimes). It's fun to see someone famous in a casual situation like that. We've seen her perform the national anthem at a hockey game before, but wow, she was so close I could touch her. I resisted though and didn't even say anything to her. Definitely a highlight of my celeb sightings.

Other than that, I've had fun at a wine party, finally took a day off work and we even went to a minor league baseball game game Monday night for an outing for my company. I usually talk so much at baseball games, that I don't really even know what is going on. Good times though.

Hope you're doing well. I'll leave by mentioning that if you don't see the connection between my post & the title (don't even tell me you don't follow her music), it was Alison's cover of a Keith Whitley song--the song that started my affection for her. Thanks for ripping me off BMG with most of the tapes, but thanks for that one!

3 comments:

Dusty Brown said...

I always loved that song so much. She made a beautiful version, but I still love Keith Whitley's. Interesting side note, I got lampooned by a bunch of songwriters on Facebook for saying that we had a little joke where we referred to Lorie Morgan by replaced the L with a "wh". Oh well!

Josh Middleton said...

Girl, I have to commend for practicing the resistance not to go up and say anything to these celebrities you see. I would totally walk right up to them and embarrass myself.

I used to do that BMG thing too! There's no telling how much money they lost after little fairies like us stole all their Whitney, Mariah and Alison Kraus cds. Ha! "When You Say Nothing At All" is the song that hooked me on Alison too. I rocked that Keith Whitley tribute album for a while.

Have a great day. Tuesday's Big Brother was fantastic, huh? I'm so afraid it's going to end up like all the other seasons - the men dominating. They should have thrown those guys off when they had the chance. Ugh.

Toots

BartLennon said...

If you saw the film 'Notting Hill', did you notice 'When You Say Nothing At All' was on the soundtrack? But it was a cover by the Irish singer Ronan Keating. I don't think it was heard much on this side of the pond (not by me anyway), but it made a bit of a splash in Europe.

You won't have many cooler celebrity sightings in Nashville than AK.