Monday, November 22, 2010

Blogging is my specialty

It's crazy how I just leave this blog alone for months at a time. I'm really not even that busy of a person.

What's happened since August? Well, a couple things. On Labor Day, we took a few days off and headed to a beach-house with Hal's family. It was a great time. Having 2little boys around never leaves you with a boring situation. We had a great time.

In October, we went to Chicago for vacation. The main purpose was to attend a hockey game, but I'd never been to Chicago and definitely enjoyed it. The Chicago pizza was fabulous at Gino's East. We had a great time on the architectural river tour in the Chicago River. We hit up Willis Tower (the Sears Tower) and the John Hancock building (2 times). I'm VERY afraid of heights, and both places gave me a heart attack, but it was a great view. It would be embarrassing to see me on video in situations like that. I stay so far away from the glass and my heart is racing the whole time. My body is in panic mode, but I got through it.

We also explored Wrigleyville (kind of snooze) and Boys Town for a drink, but it was a little too far for me via train to spend too much time in. If I'm going to be drinking, a couple of train transfers make me impatient. Apparently I'm getting too old for bars anyway. Can I get a second wind on that?

It was a great trip though, and we won the hockey game. We had great seats and people were nice to us.

I've been back in the typical work/relax Nashville land since then, but it's Thanksgiving weekend. I'm going to see my grandmother on Thursday, and I'm looking forward to it. I havent' seen her since May. She's a gem.

This is where I'll wrap it up. I still exist, y'all. I'm just too boring for a lot of blog updates.

==Casey

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

Glad to finally hear more about Chicago. It sounds like you had a nice, well-rounded trip. I've been thinking about you a lot lately with all this Loretty press. Let's catch up soon. Smoooooooooch!

Oh, happy Thansgiving!