Monday, August 2, 2010

Can I get a summer break?

Hey there. I'm not even sure this thing is still on sometimes. It's been about 3 months since my last post, and the only comments that I've had since then are from the billion spammers who've somehow found a couple of years old post and decided they wanted to comment on it. I'm not giving up on this thing though.

I've pretty much just been rockin' & rollin' this summer without a lot of exciting stuff to report. My most favorite thing about summer comes on the weekends. Hal & I can sit outside on the porch on Friday & Saturday nights (with the ceiling fan on of course) and have some drinks, listen to music, and chit chat and just enjoy a southern summer night.

We haven't been on a vacation since February, so I'm looking forward to going somewhere and having some time off work. My birthday is coming up on 8/26, so that's kind of close...and a bonus is I get a day off work. I'm taking it on that Friday (8/27) for a long weekend. I wish we could travel for my birthday, but my boo has a job that requires him to be around at the end of the month. blah

We are going somewhere for Labor Day weekend though. Hal's family always goes to the beach that weekend (usually Gulf Shores, Alabama). I like it down there on the Redneck Riviera, but I haven't gone on their family trips before for a variety of reasons (nothing bad), but I've decided to do it this year. We'll rent a big house on the beach and just chill out for a few days. Hal has young nephews, so it will be 'interesting.' They're adorable, but they're still wild & crazy little boys sometimes.

I'm anxious about getting down to the gulf. Hal's mom loves Gulf Shores, but it was up in the air about if we would really go there or not due to the oil leak. They decided that whatever the situation is, she wanted to go and support the local businesses anyway. I think that's awesome! And, it doesn't seem like it's as crazy there as we may have though (with oil on the beach). I can't wait to go!!!

In other exciting trip news, we're going to Chicago in October! I've never been there and love big cities, so I'm really antsy to get there. We've planned it so we can see our beloved Predators play the Blackhawks (hockey, Josh). Chicago won the Stanley Cup (best team last year), so it will be interesting to see how the game unfolds. We'll be there for 4 nights, and I can't wait to explore the city.

I love traveling with Hal. Neither of us make a 'have to do' list, we just let things play themselves out however we feel that day. That's one of my favorite things. It is vacation after all...time to relax.

That's about all I have for now. I hope someone other than the spammers from India read this. :)

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

Hey girl! I did see your last post. I can't imagine why I wouldn't comment. Maybe I was PMSing. I always check for an update, though, and I'm glad to see you're not giving it up.

The porch sounds divine. I'd love to be sitting out there with you nursing a bottle of vino! I hope to come visit soon.

I'm excited that you're choosing to go to Gulf Shores this year. That'll be super fun and relaxing. And of course I'm super stoked you're going to Chicago. You better not scrimp on the blog posts after that but you can leave out the hockey details if you want! ;)

Love ya, girl!