Friday, July 6, 2007

Almost a fightin' Fourth...

It was really nice to have a mid-week holiday break with July 4th.

Tuesday night we had every intention on going to dinner at Parco Cafe (I blogged about this deliciousness a while back), but unfortunately the owners are out of the country for now..boo

So we went to Mambu instead. It was a nice night to dine outside. It was good... my dish wasnt my favorite meal ever, but it was nice to try at any rate... It was a special for the night.. pork (which was good)... served with sauteed turnip greens (which even as a real southerner I had never tried)... they were interesting and better than I expected. I forget what else came with my dish...some type of bean type things that werent really my cup o' tea... I would recommend trying it sometime though...and I'd go back.

So then it was July 4th. We chilled out with during the day with some pals at a pool party at Richard & Patricks... fun fun fun... After heading home for a nap and recharge, we headed to a spot closer to downtown to view the fireworks--away from the riverfront crowd of around 100K.

We were lucky enough to find a spot across the interstate with a fabulous view of the supposed "World's Largest Adult Book/Video Store." You know we only roll in class, right? Well, there were quite a few other people around to...

We stayed in the car for a while... and within about 10 minutes, I heard something confrontational seeminlgy directed my way... apparently some drunk (yeah, he had a big 40 in his hand) thought I threw an empty soda bottle at him... I just looked at him in disbelief and finally a pal of his fessed up to it... he simmered down and then later came over and ask if I had a beer to sell him... see... we surround ourself with class too!!!

Oh, I have to mention this... Hal 'didnt hear what was going on' as usual even though he was sitting right next to me in the car... some help, right? Kinda like when that man pulled behind me in my driveway and after some other stupid stuff... called me a 'little faggot' and then peeled out... Where was Hal? Standing at the inside of the front door... apparently not concerned if I was about to get bashed... (I dont mind giving him crap on this blog... I remind him of this face to face as well) :)

So that is the holiday wrap up... I'm so glad it is the weekend again!!!

6 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Gurl, I can't believe you got confronted like that. What is the world coming to when the general population forgets the eleventh commandment - "Gurl, you better respect a diva!"

On another note.. You've never tried turnip greens!?!?! Loretta just fell out of her rockin' chair!

Casey said...

Well, at least after the confrontation part... I heard Mr. 40 say... my bad...but I wasnt even making eye contact any longer at that point.

Yes, Loretta would be happy that I had greens... she probably likes hers with 'tomatoes on the vine' and 'onions'!!!

Anonymous said...

Someone is full of something, and it aint me. For one thing, I did hear the guy say something about a bottle being tossed at him, however his friend spoke up the very second he said it, and considering we were prked in a fashion that I couldn't see anything above the waist, I naturally thought he was talking to your friend.

And the "little faggot" incident. which was all of three seconds...sorry I didn't chase him down and kick his ass for you.

Love,
Hal

Casey said...

Well, I differ with the rebuttal by my fair beau... but I approved his comments at any rate :)

Casey said...

Surely I jest.... yes... I wasnt implying my man would let me get beat down in a gay bashing....just a clarification to my attempted humourous post.

Dusty Brown said...

Oh, we all know Hal could kick some ass any day. LOL. (I am not making fun of him, BTW.) BUT I love the, "my bad," comment. How horrible. If I had been there it would have been on. LOL.