Sunday, October 14, 2007

Rock on, Oktoberfest!


Saturday was the Oktoberfest festival in Nashville. It's actually held in a downtown neighborhood that initially housed German workers at a now defunct meat-packing plant.

We met up with some friends & enjoyed one of my favorite things... mmmmmmm.... beer... It's Oktoberfest for crying out loud... and I can drink beer at noon if I want to!

We had a ton of fun... I had my camera but wasnt a good cameraman. I only snapped two photos. Unfortunately I didnt get one of the entire group. It was a tad bit hot & there were a lot of people... so there ya go.

After the festival, we went to a friend/fellow festival attendee's house for a post-fest cocktail...
I now have a couple of Oktoberfest goals...

1) Attend a festival in Germany

2) Take part in the largest American Oktoberfest Celebration in Cincinatti...

and by the way... I might even start drinking before noon.
P.S.. the pic was pretty spontaneous. It's some random people who definitely get into the festival, my friend Casey (cool name, huh?) & me.

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

Hi Gurl! Sounds like you had quite an eventful weekend!!! Oktoberfest sounds awesome. I love the picture of you and Gretel!