Sunday, October 7, 2007

Thanks, Chris

I found it funny to hear that people in Denver riot during the Columbus Day Parade.... why does a landlocked city/state have a Chris Columbus Day celebration anyway?

He didnt discover America... but he gave me a Monday off work...so cheers.

It's been a few days since I blogged...and I've been a tad busy.

Friday night, we went to a restaurant that is kind of odd... Nola's... it's a bit Cajun cuisine but the chef/owner is from Uruguay.... so we thought we'd order authentic food from South America.... I was unimpressed.... I'll judge this later after I've actually been to South America.

On Saturday, we went to Centennial Park for a festival... 'Celebration of Cultures'.... It was very interesting...exhibits from different people with different customs.... we ate some Columbian food that was delicious...

On to Saturday night.... it was another hockey night... fun fun.... The Predator's won again... and I was quite excited.. We ran into a group of friends after the game... had a little fun downtown and then came home for a long winter's nap.

I admit I was feeling a bit rough on Sunday... but got up to watch the Titans game with some friends... sloppy game.... but the TN Titans won... yay!!!

I've got Monday off... thank you Chris Columbus... but I do have to go to the dentist... could be worse though!

2 comments:

Casey said...

P.S... If you're keeping up.. I beat Hal this week in the football contest...Go, Casey!!!

Josh Middleton said...

Gosh, Gurl - you're really kickin' ass in that competition. I think Hal should start shakin' in his little boots! Sounds like you had a delicious weekend. Have a fun day off!!!

Whitney