Saturday, December 8, 2007

Circle of Yum Yum Yum

So we went to Radius 10 last night for a celebratory dinner with our friends Casey & Shane... She just accepted a new job, ergo the celebration.

I've been interested in trying this restaurant for some time. It's in a very hip part of Nashville, The Gulch. It's basically downtown and there are a lot of condo developments and restaurants there (we went to Watermark there for my birthday). It's an area I'd seriously consider living in if I wanted a condo... although I'd probably prefer to be right in the downtown core.

Anyway... on to the food... they came out with a complimentary amuse bouche of salmon & meditteranean dressing/something or other. I'm not crazy about salmon and didnt love it, but Hal did.

For the first course, I chose a Kobe Beef Short Rib on a bed of black truffle grits. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. So freaking good I couldve had several of those as my entree... C&S had a calamari appetizer... I'm not a fan of that... apparently it was good though... but the conclusion amongst the table was that my dish was the best.

On to the main course... I had a special dish for the night, Veal Chops. Someone else had a veggie dish (fennel & leek something). Another had beef filet & Hal had Salmon of some sort.

My Veal was to die for... it was so tender & delicious. The only drawback was the bed of sweet potato cake/something that it was on top of. I didnt really like that, but the Veal was slap yo mama good. Everyone also agreed that my entree was the best.

For dessert, Hal & I chose a banana souflee while C&S opted for some yummy ice cream. The banana souflee was also divine.

So bottom line was that the restaurant was a very nice, hip, energetic, well-designed space. I really enjoyed my food also and will definitely return. I just hope that when I do go back, they have the Veal again.

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

Sounds like an A-List night on the town, Gurl!

My stomach is growling after reading your post, everything sounds so delicious. It kind of reminds me of a place you went once before that was a soul food fusion - with the grits and sweet potatoes.

The space is very swanky too. Love the minimalist, contemporary style. I wanna go there when I come to Nashvegas next!

You're a diva!

Love, Whitney