Monday, February 25, 2008

The hotness has arrived in the Rio Grande Valley

Well... not only did I get to the southernmost tip of Texas today, the heat also arrived. It was a record high 95 degrees in McAllen, Tx (where I flew into). I about died when I walked out of the airport.

I was also still a bit hot-headed from a near confrontation with a total bitch at the baggage carosel. She made me crazy mad and said something to me that would normally cause a confrontation... but... my dear readers will be surprised to hear that I just walked away from it. It was a total snap decision where I did snap my head & chicken neck for a split second, but once I turned around, I said to myself... walk away... so I did. She was lucky.

In typical Casey style, I got a bit turned around despite having a Hertz Never Lost navigation system, but I eventually made it. It wasnt my fault that the exit was closed & the GPS didnt know that!

I decided to wait on the trip to Mexico though until later this week. I was exhausted after a day that started at 6:15am. I was delighted to read a fabulous magazine on the way to McAllen though... If you are a country music fan, pick up the special Country edition of People magazine with Carrie Underwood on the cover. A fabulous friend and spouse of the 11 blog author is the associate editor. I'm so jealous of the people she gets to interview!

P.S... regarding weather... a cold front is coming in tonight and temperatures are going to only reach the low 70's the next two days... lol... that's ideal in my mind!

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

Gurl. I can't wait until it gets 95 here in Philly. That sounds just fabulous to me!

Glad you made it safely. Have a great time!

W