Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I'm back, y'all!!

Sorry for the blog posting delay! I actually got back from Brownsville, TX last Thursday. I'm sad to report that I didnt find anything to take a photo of though. I even crossed the Mexican border on Wednesday night. The food & beer was cheap... not to mention it only cost 60 cents to crossover the bridge to Matamoros and 30 cents to return.

I didnt venture very far into the border town though... It was kinda late when I got there (7pm) not to mention kinda dark and nothing in close walking distance that I felt safe walking to, despite the plentiful Mexican military around. On one street, one man was trying to let me know he "had a hooker in the car." We all know that was hard for me to resist, right?

Anyway, about the only thing I did was have a couple of beers at an Irish Pub (of all places in Mexico), then checked out Garcia's. It's a little bit of everything... Mexican style clothes & touristy souvenirs, liquor store, restaurant, and best of all.... a lounge-type area with a cover band singing everything from songs in Spanish, to Fergie and Shania Twain. I did enjoy that... plus they were singing The Doors, "Light my fire" as I was leaving.

Anyway, I've been pretty busy since then. I did go to a wine party Friday night, more sofa shopping on Saturday & dinner with the "un-laws."

I'm teaching a class this week, so I've spent a lot of time continually preparing for it. I'll be glad when Friday comes!

Sorry for such a long--and delayed-- post!!!

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

Sounds like you had a nice time exploring the area.

Glad you made it home safely. When are they going to send you to Philadelphia!?!?!